What NOT to pack..
Traveling light is always an advantage, many travel sites suggest looking at what you plan to take then cutting it in half. Just remember you will have to carry and protect all your belongings. Also remember that while you are traveling to new countries most basics will be available at local shops and you are further helping your community by shopping locally.
- Valuable jewelry may be more trouble than you need so leave it at home.
- There is no point in carrying all of your keys.
- Wallet contents- If you're going to carry your wallet, you can probably remove most of the contents.
- Purse-Look at what's in yours to decide if you want to lug it around, and if there is anything you don't need to risk losing.
- Copies of your documents. Minimally a Xerox of your passport, drivers license, credit cards, airline tickets, and any reservations that you've prepaid. You need to leave a set at home in case of emergency.