Can we volunteer as a group?
Volunteering as a group is a fantastic and extremely rewarding experience and we are very happy to assist with the arrangements. Below are some points that have come up with groups in the past that may help with your planning. Feel free to contact us for recommendations on countries and programs that would be suitable for your group.
- Love Volunteers is a small team, committed to providing affordable volunteer opportunities. As such we do not provide individualized documentation or agreements.
- We do not offer insurance or indemnity for volunteers as this is prohibitively expensive for us to provide.
- Love Volunteers is not currently a registered non-profit in the United States or Europe. We are based in New Zealand and registering as a non-resident is challenging.
- Depending on the size of the group and the location you choose it may not be possible to accommodate everyone together in the same volunteer house or host family home. The group will, however, be within close proximity of one another and the program.
- Volunteers must be 18 or over (17 with parental consent). Volunteers 16 and under are to be accompanied by an adult (a ratio of 1 adult to 4 volunteers is sufficient in a group setting).
- In order for us to plan the details for your group (placement and accommodation) with our local team in your preferred country a non-refundable deposit of US$299 is required.
- All group members are required to register with Love Volunteers (normally the fee is US$299 but a discounted fee of US$199 is offered to groups of 20+) and pay program fees to cover their accommodation, meals, the support of the local team and continuation of the program.
- Activities and excursions outside of volunteering can be arranged for the group. The costs of these are in addition to the program fees and arrangements can be made after the volunteer placement has been finalized.